Deck of Cards Training
Intense Customizable Workout
This workout can be done anywhere and in approximately 18-25 minutes.
Don’t Get Stuck In A Rut!
This is a great way to add some variety to your workout routine with a quick, effective, and totally customizable workout. This workout can be done anywhere, anytime, and without any weights. I am a lifetime athlete, and often have a hard time finding ways to change up the gym routine, so this get me out of my rut. This workout is what you make of it as you will see.
How to Perform the Workout
This workout begins with a small workout area, a stopwatch, and a deck of cards.
- First- make sure you shuffle the deck really well or you will be sorry during this workout. You need to pick four different exercises that you will be able to perform for up to 10 times for multiple reps. The four different exercise represent the four suits in the deck of cards(Hearts,Diamonds,Spades,Clubs). The value on each card will be the number of reps you need to perform. Face cards are 10 and jokers are any value you want to give them. Now, assign an exercise to each suit in the deck of cards. It is also a good idea to to split the exercise between upper body and lower body. Examples of the types of exercise’s you could include are…. sit-ups, push-ups, squats, and lunges. So here is an example of how you would set up the workout. Sit-ups would be assigned to Hearts, push-ups are assigned to Diamonds, Squats are assigned to Spades, and Lunges are assigned to Clubs.
- Ready, Go! Place the deck of cards face down and start the stop watch. Draw the first card and perform the assigned exercise the number of times associated with the card. Example, if the first card you draw is the 10 of hearts, you need to perform 10 Sit-ups. If the next card in the deck is the 4 of Clubs, then perform 4 Lunges….and so on…..As soon as you are done with those reps you draw another card and continue until you have completed the entire deck of cards. Depending on the exercise’s you choose this workout should take approximately 18 to 25 minutes.
- Challenge Yourself! If you are more advanced in you fitness level, and you have some additional equipment you can add some more serious exercise’s. You could add Pull-ups, Burpees, or T-Push-ups to the exercise list to make it more difficult.
NAVY SEAL WORKOUT
The Workout Explained
As I stated before the workout is simple and effective. All the workout consists of is body weight exercises performed in succession with no rest in between. You can do as many rounds as you can and add some variations to the basic exercises as you get more fit. Make sure you warm up with jumping jacks or jogging in place before you start. The circut is pull ups, push ups, sit ups, and dips. So here it is: Start with 1 pull up, 3 push ups, 5 sit ups, and 2 dips. The workout continues by adding 1 pull up, 3 push ups, 5 sit ups, 2 dips each round until you have reached your max, and then you reverse the process. I usually go 7 rounds, here is an example of what it looks like:
- Round #1: 1 pull up, 3 push ups, 5 sit ups, 2 dips
- Round #2: 2 pull up, 6 push ups, 10 sit ups, 4 dips
- Round #3: 3 pull up, 9 push ups, 15 sit ups, 6 dips
- Round #4: 4 pull up, 12 push ups, 20 sit ups, 8 dips
- Round #5: 5 pull up, 15 push ups, 25 sit ups, 10 dips
- Round #6: 6 pull up, 18 push ups, 30 sit ups, 12 dips
- Round #7: 7 pull up, 21 push ups, 35 sit ups, 14 dips
This is where I am spent and usually turn around…..
- Round #8: 7 pull up, 21 push ups, 35 sit ups, 14 dips
- Round #9: 6 pull up, 18 push ups, 30 sit ups, 12 dips
Continue in the same fashion by subtracting 1 pull up, 3 push ups, 5 sit ups, and 2 dips, until you get back to 1 pull up, 3 push ups, 5 sit ups, 2 dips. If you are in better shape you can continue to add rounds on to the workout. I haven’t see anyone go past round 10 and back down using the correct form. Give the workout a try and let me know how many rounds you made it through.
This exercise is a staple of fitness and people have been improving their physiques with this one for ever. Make sure your form is good and you are going down so your arm makes a 90 degree angle and locking out at the top. Good form is important, don’t cheat yourself. If you get tired and want want to simplify you can go to your knees to complete the push ups. On the other hand if you are really fit you can elevate your feet or do clapping push ups, depending on your fitness level.
This is where you are probably saying, now he is going to make me buy some expensive pull up bar so I can do pull ups at home. Well if you want a pull up bar in your house I can certainly recommend one, but since I don’t want any excuses, I have your solution. Take a towel and place it over the top of any door in you house, and that is now a free pull up bar. If you can’t do pull ups, then use a chair to assist you. If you can’t perform any pull ups using a chair you are going to have to purchase some workout bands.
Again, another staple of fitness, you should not need and explanation for this one. This workout requires you to perform a lot of sit ups so make sure you have some sort of mat to protect your back. Some people say that the old regular sit ups is no good for your back and neck, but that is an excuse again. If you perform sit ups correctly using your abs instead of pulling on your neck and slamming down on your back. Contract and control your abs to make sure you are getting the most out of the exercise and don’t get hurt.
Dips At Home
Again here is one where the common person will say that I can’t do dips at home I need some fancy equipment. Here is your no excuse way to perform dips in the comfort of your own home. Get any two chairs you have in your house an place them across form one another. Space them out enough so that when you are sitting on one your heels can reach the other one. Come off your butt by extending your arms. You should be up in the air with extended arms on one chair and your heel on the other chair. Bend your elbows coming to a 90 degree angle and then back up.
Fitness At Home.
You don’t need a gym and you don’t need expensive equipment to get into great shape. Take a look in the mirror and make the decision to get fit today. The workout is simple and should only take your between 35 to 40 minutes depending how many rounds you decide to do. Challenge yourself, Change your mind, and Change your life. Make sure you are not resting between each exercise, you want to keep your heart rate up the entire workout. This workout tests your cardiovascular endurance as well as your muscle stamina!
Lastly, whatever workout you decide to do you have to be accountable and track your progress. Sign up for a free Beachbody membership for access to nutrition & fitness tips, goal tracking, and me as your personal coach.